Thursday, October 11, 2007

Session IX: New Beginnings, Part I - Markus Duchèsne

Markus sat at the desk in his modest office, tucked away towards the rear of the Inn. The place would be open to the public in no more than two weeks, but was still without a name.

So what will it be. The Blind Fisher, The Viper, The Drawn Daggers, The Serpent's-

"Sir, Sir; Sidrik burst through the door into the office.

"Sid, I've told you a hundred times, knock before entering. Now what's all this fuss about?".

He's a hard worker and keen to learn, a little rough round the edges, not so dissimilar from myself. That's probably why I hired him.

"Another letter for you Sir. It's from the old Wizard that lives in that posh place in Tower Square. Didn't see him, but his butler made me wait around until he gave me this." Sidrik handed the sealed letter bearing the mark of Elvonis to Markus.

Markus broke the seal and scanned the letter. "Thank you Sid. Take a break, I'll call for you later."

So, He's sending him here. Vilsaran is it... This could be interesting.

***

The two spent most of the morning walking around the city, eating in one of the livelier establishments along the Riverway. Markus having spent much of his early childhood around Riverway found it a comforting retreat, Vilsaran on the other hand seemed to experience an altogether different sensation.

A small errand boy approached their table. "Sir are you Markus Duchèsne?"

"Yes I am, what is it?"

The boy handed Markus a note. "I have this for you Sir, tis from Advocate Tellainus."

Markus thanked the boy and tossed him a Ningy. The boy bowed once and scurried off , disappearing down one of the side streets.

"Well, it appears that I have to see the Advocate on some business, would you care to join me?"

Vilsaran nodded, "Salmarnus has not asked for my return, it would be a pleasure to accompany you. I am new to the city and it's workings and would be intrigued to learn more."

No comments: