Thursday, July 26, 2007

Session V: Markus Of The Melorus

Have these people cracked. who in the nine hells ever resolved a dispute over honor by drawing daggers. Is the notion of having honor really that important? I'm grateful I'm only half Riverfolk, half as bonkers as the rest of these -

"Who will challenge me"? Weslin of the Gresling clan scans the crowd, his gaze finally falling on Markus.

Not a chance! Suddenly the insults he made against Mother don't seem quite as offensive as they did.

"I'm your man!" Markus could hardly believe the words spewing out of his mouth. He looks down at the silvery Riverfolk blade clasped in his right hand, the dagger given to him by cousin Raul. Markus barely hears the cheers of approval from the other Meluros. He can feel his muscles twitching with nervous anticipation, but even more apparent is the eagerness to draw blood, first blood! For clan, for prestige, but above all, for retribution.

You can do this... Just don't let him take my ear, or scar my face for that matter. You can do this... Oh gods, who am I kidding...

The Meluros' roared with triumph. "you did it little brother", "You are Meluros afterall".

perhaps I am as crazed as the rest of them...

No comments: